Current and previous students, enter our photo contest! The guidelines are below, and we look forward to seeing your best shots!
Photo Contest Guidelines 2012
1. All contestants must be current or previous students on an AMIDEAST Education Abroad Program in the Arab World.
2. All previous students must register with the AMIDEAST Alumni Association in order to be eligible.
1. Photo submissions must be images taken during the time of the contestant’s AMIDEAST Education Abroad Program and within the host country (i.e. a picture from a spring break trip to Turkey will not be accepted).
2. Each contestant may submit up to three photos.
3. Photos should represent meaningful and unique moments that occurred during the contestant’s education abroad experience with AMIDEAST.
4. Photos should fall into one of the following categories:
Adventure: Photos could show AMIDEAST students on program excursions throughout the host country or visits to notable sites in the AMIDEAST host city. Adventure photos demonstrate the off-the-beaten-path aspect of education abroad in the Arab world. These photos do not necessarily have to include students, but can instead focus on a work of art, architecture, ruin, or other striking aspect of the host country.
Culture: Photos should show AMIDEAST students interacting with their local community, host families, or new friends from the host country. Alternatively, culture photos could show traditions, rituals, rites, food, or cultural activities unique to the host culture.
Challenge: These photos show AMIDEAST students in unfamiliar environments or situations such as learning and using the Arabic language, interning with refugees, bargaining for goods, navigating a city, or rolling the perfect couscous balls.
1. AMIDEAST staff in Washington D.C. will select a group of semi-finalists from the submitted photos. The semi-finalist photos will be posted on the AMIDEAST Facebook page (Study Abroad in the Arab World) for two weeks. The photo which receives the most ‘Likes’ will be selected as the 2012 AMIDEAST Photo Contest Winner.
2. The winning photo will be featured on the AMIDEAST Study Abroad in the Arab World Facebook Page as the cover photo.
3. The winning photo will be framed and hung in the AMIDEAST Washington D.C. Office.
4. The winning photo will be featured in the 2013 AMIDEAST Catalog.
|Deadline for Submission||June 15, 2012|
|Voting||June 22-July 6, 2012|
|Winner Announced||July 9, 2012|
1. This contest is open to current or previous AMIDEAST students.
2. Each photo submission must be high resolution (minimum 600KB)
3. Each student or alum can enter only three photos per contest.
4. Photos must be submitted as an attachment via e-mail to DocsEdAbroad@amideast.org
5. The title of each submitted photo should be in the following format: Last name_First name_Location of Photo_Year of Photo_Number of Submission (ex. Doe_John_Jordan_2012_1)
6. In your e-mail, please provide
– Your name and home institution
– The location, term, and year of your AMIDEAST program
– The title of each photo and a brief description or caption.
IMPORTANT RELEASE: By submitting photos to the AMIDEAST Education Abroad Programs in the Arab World Photo Contest, you authorize AMIDEAST to use your photographs on their Facebook, website, or in other marketing locations. You acknowledge that you will receive no financial compensation for the use of any of these photographs. Whenever possible, AMIDEAST will credit you as the photographer.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about the photo contest.